E-Commerce or Electronic Commerce means buying and selling of goods, products, or services over the internet. E-commerce is also known as electronic commerce or internet commerce. These services provided online over the internet network. Transaction of money, funds, and data are also considered as E-commerce. These business transactions can be done in four ways: Business to Business (B2B), Business to Customer (B2C), Customer to Customer (C2C), and Customer to Business (C2B). The standard definition of E-commerce is a commercial transaction which is happened over the internet. Online stores like Amazon, Flipkart, Shopify, Myntra, Ebay, Quikr, Olx are examples of E-commerce websites. By 2020, global retail e-commerce can reach up to $27 Trillion.
WooCommerce is a free plugin that is simple and straightforward. In a sentence, WooCommerce is the best way to turn your WordPress website into a fully functional e-commerce store.
What Can You Sell With WordPress + WooCommerce?
- Digital products (e.g. software, downloads, e-books),
- Physical products,
- Bookings (e.g. for appointments, or anything else that can be booked),
- Other people’s products – as an affiliate,
- Customizations (e.g. additional customizations on top of your product listings), and more.
How to Build an Online Store With WordPress and WooCommerce:
- Install & activate WooCommerce Plugin (FREE) from wordpress dashboard options.
- Install payment plugin like UPI payment or Paytm.
- Start by adding products and in Woocommerce we can add Simple products, Variable products & Grouped products.
- Dashboard of Woocommerce:
Details of the dashboard:
- Woo commerce Dashboard- In this dashboard you will get options like Products, Analytics & Marketing. IN products we can see all products, add new products, add categories of product, and add tags & attributes.
- In case adding new product we can give a name to the product which are about to add.
- In product data option we can choose whether we want to add simple product, variable product or grouped product.
- After adding the product we can give regular and sale price to the product.
- We can add product category in which product comes like electronics, garments, home accessories etc.
- We can also give product tags and add image of the products so that user can easily identify it.
- Write description and short description about the product which we have added.
Types of product:
- Simple product: In this we can add simple one product with single variant. Just click on add new product à select simple product à add details description à add price, category and image à click on publish.
- Variable product: In this we can product with different variants like a t-shirt with different sizes and colors. Just click on add new product à select variable product à add attributes like in t-shirt color and sizes à add details and different images of all product à
- Group product: In this we can add product with features like in case on mobile there are different variants like 4gb + 16gb, 8gb+ 64gb, 8gb + 128gb. Just click on add new product à select grouped product à add first product details à than enable catalogue visibility as “hidden” à click on add new product à select simple product for all varaiants à link all the product à